– Maximum eaves and ridge height of extension no higher than existing house.
– Side extensions to be single storey with maximum height of four metres and width no more than half that of the original house.
– Roof pitch of extensions higher than one storey to match existing house.
– No verandas, balconies or raised platforms.
– On designated land* no permitted development for rear extensions of more than one storey; no cladding of the exterior; no side extensions.
– Where work is proposed to a listed building, listed building consent may be required.
– The term “original house” means the house as it was first built or as it stood on 1 July 1948 (if it was built before that date). Although you may not have built an extension to the house, a previous owner may have done so.
Certificate of Completion
All extensions and orangeries come complete with a Certificate of Completion which is issued after the build has been completed.